Embrace the natural splendors, historical treasures and wonderful flavors of the Canary Islands on a combination tour that?ll have you hiking through lush landscapes and tasting a variety of local wines. After a scenic 25-minute drive you?ll join a friendly and knowledgeable guide on foot for a two-hour hike through the verdant Azuaje Valley. Part of the protected Doramas Natural Park, the valley is one of the greenest areas of Gran Canaria and home to a small natural spring and endemic plants, including the trees for ancient Laurisilva forests. As you journey along stony trails and dirt paths to the bottom of the valley, you?ll come upon ruins of The Balneario, once a thriving health resort visited by Europeans seeking the therapeutic touch bubbling amidst the area?s geothermal spring waters. Venture farther to a nearby irrigation ditch, where you?ll learn about the Canary Islands? complex water culture, en route to charming Firgas Village, also known as the Village of Water. Here you can relax after your strenuous hike in a local restaurant and enjoy a tasty selection of regional wines, plus a variety of olives, cheese and bread made by local producers.
• Guided Hike: Trek across the verdant Azuaje Valley along a babbling natural spring, spotting endemic plants and enjoying stunning vistas.
• The Balneario: See the ruins of a health resort that once offered therapeutic treatments within the valley?s geothermal spring waters.
• Wine Tasting: Toast your adventure while relaxing in a local restaurant and savoring regional wines, olives, cheese and bread.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately two hours over stony nature trails and dirt paths, plus climb 6 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests must be at least 10 years old to participate in this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.