Labor Day is considered the symbolic end of summer. After that last BBQ, white pants go off limits, school starts up again and it’s somehow no longer acceptable to go out to a rooftop bar every night of the week. But the finale isn’t here yet!
Seize what remains of summer with these fun-in-the-sun activities.
1. Eat outside as frequently as possible. Morning cereal, afternoon cheese and crackers, post-dinner cocktail – check.
2. Do yoga on the beach. Practice your moves while breathing in the salty air. If you’re not a yogi, just stretch or sit Indian style and reflect.
3. Go camping (or sleep in a tent in the backyard). Nothing says summer like getting your ZZZ’s under the stars. Just make sure you’ve got bug spray on hand…mosquitos can sneak into the tent with you.
4. Take a trip. It doesn’t have to be long, but you might not have the time or energy to travel when life ramps back up in September. Royal Caribbean International is offering deals on 3 and 4-night Bahamas cruises, so book and get your R&R on the deck, in the spa or while dancing in Boleros Latin-themed lounge.
5. Get up to watch a sunrise. 6 a.m. may not feel so great when your alarm goes off, but it will be well worth it to watch the rays spread across the sky as the day begins. And sunrise photos are prime social media fodder. Likes, anyone?
6. Go berry picking. Jams, pies, strawberry shortcakes, summer salad toppings…the options are endless.
7. Be a kid again. This means something different for everybody. Whether you were a hopscotch player, a sandcastle builder, a bubble blower or a roller coaster rider, forget your worries and just let loose. That’s what summer is all about.