Panama Canal Eastbound Cruise
Leaving from Los Angeles, California, on the Vision of the Seas. Select Sail Date
Taste of Cartagena - CAH4
Starting from $36.99 USD / Adult*
Starting from $31.99 USD / Kids Under 12*
- Book This Excursion
- to add this to your cruise reservation
Get lost in Cartagena's Old-World atmosphere on a 4.5-hour trip around San Felipe fortress that leads into a guided Old Town stroll, plus enjoy two hours of free time to independently explore, shop and dine. Stand at the bottom of a harbor-side hill before Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, a Spanish-built fortress and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Listen to tales of pirates and admirals who invaded the citadel's maze of tunnels since the 1500s. Your narrated walking tour then continues into the walled Old Town of Cartagena, where a spectacle of Colonial relics remains today. Admire the Torre de Reloj clocktower, once the main entrance into the old city, and see the town's oldest church in Plaza Santo Domingo. Watch local dancers and musicians perform in shady Plaza Bolivar corners and gaze upon the grand mansions lining Plaza de la Aduana. You'll have two hours to spend as you wish, whether it's buying handmade crafts in street-side stalls or noshing on Colombian arepas and bandeja paisa in an outdoor café.
• Castillo San Felipe de Barajas: Learn about the triangular design, underground tunnels, and military batteries of this 16th-century Spanish fortress.
• Cartagena: Soak up the Colonial essence of a walled-in city bursting with colorful architecture, old churches, and eye-catching mansions.
• Old Town: Spend two hours of free time shopping for artisan crafts, wandering around plazas, or dining on Colombian cuisine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
Activity Type: Destination Highlights | Culture
Top Reasons To Book Our Shore Excursions:
- Tour With Us For Unbeatable Value: Unique experiences crafted for all kinds of travelers make Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions the best all-around value.
- Best Local Tours: We team up with the top tour operators in each port to deliver the highest-quality, handpicked tours.
- In-Depth Experiences: Immerse yourself in culturally rich tours that change the way you see the world.
- Worry-Free Gaurantee: Enjoy peace of mind with guaranteed return to the ship and hassle-free cancellation.
- Our most popular tours and activities often sell out so we recommend advance booking for the best selection and availability.
Prices of Shore Excursions include local transportation, such as motor coaches, limousines, taxis and boats (unless otherwise indicated in the excursion description). Meals and/or beverages are only provided when specified in the excursion description. Snorkeling, scuba and golf tours only include the equipment specified as part of the price. Shore Excursions are subject to cancellation or modification, depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of an excursion cancellation or modification, we will endeavor to provide advance notice to you. Certain tours have a minimum booking requirement, or must be limited to a maximum number of participants. Not all excursions described on this website may be available during a particular sailing. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any Shore Excursion due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guest(s) by reason of such cancellation. Full refunds will be extended to guests holding tickets for cancelled Shore Excursions. The Guest accepts that Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. acts as agent only for passengers and has no responsibility for the performance of the Shore Excursions herein specified. See your travel partner for additional terms and conditions applicable to your purchase of a Shore Excursion. Shore Excursions can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to tour port arrival without penalty. Tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays and Private Journeys must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties. Other restrictions may apply. These terms do not apply to Perfect Day at CocoCay activities; see Perfect Day at CocoCay activities-specific terms and conditions below + In the unlikely event that your tour is significantly delayed, we’ll make all the arrangements for you to return to the ship at the earliest opportunity at no expense to you.
The following terms apply to Perfect Day at CocoCay activities only. Prices Reflect Savings. Perfect Day at Cococay activities are subject to availability. Meal and/or beverages are provided only if specified. Guest may cancel purchase(s) made via Cruise Planner up to forty-eight hours prior to the cruise departure date. Perfect Day at Cococay activities can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to arrival at Perfect Day at CocoCay without penalty. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel any Perfect Day at Cococay activities due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guest(s) by reason of such cancellation; guests will be issued a refund in the original form of payment to the guest folio. Other restrictions may apply. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. All destination features and experiences, and related delivery timing for these features, are currently in development and are subject to change without notice. Coco Beach Club, overwater cabanas and South Beach are currently in development and are scheduled to open December 2019; all features and timing are subject to change without notice. Images and messaging for Perfect Day at CocoCay may include artistic renderings. Perfect Day and CocoCay are registered trademarks of Royal Caribbean. ©2019 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- *Prices are average per person, cruise only, based on occupancy selected, reflect promotional savings (if any), for new individual bookings, are subject to change and availability.
- Taxes, fees and port expenses are subject to change.
- Additional terms and conditions apply to offers; click on the respective link for offer details.