Official Rules “Royal Caribbean Spend and Sail Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”)
No Purchase or Obligation Necessary. Non-Purchase Entries and Purchase Entries have an Equal Chance of Winning.
1. To Enter: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on December 1, 2013 and ends at 12:00 midnight (ET) on February 28, 2014 (“Promotional Period”). During the Promotional Period an eligible Bank of America® Royal Caribbean® Visa® credit card-holder in good standing automatically receives one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa purchase made with his/her Royal Caribbean Visa credit card during the Promotional Period at a participating merchant location in the United States where Visa credit cards are accepted. Only Visa purchases made with his/her Royal Caribbean Visa credit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by FIA Card Services, N.A., and processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc., are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), non-US Dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, late payment fees, over limit fees, cash advances, annual fees, convenience checks, and/or balance transfers are not considered eligible transactions for Sweepstakes entry. Entries from unauthorized card or card number use or made with lost, stolen, or fraudulent Bank of America/Royal Caribbean Visa cards or card numbers are void.
To enter without purchase or obligation, hand-print your name, address, city, state, zip code, day and evening phone numbers and the words “Royal Caribbean Spend and Sail Sweepstakes” on a 3"x 5" card, and mail in a stamped #10 envelope, hand printed, to: “Royal Caribbean Spend and Sail Sweepstakes”, P.O. Box 9339, Medford, NY 11763-9339. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2014 and received by March 7, 2014. Enter as often as you wish; however, only one entry per stamped envelope will be accepted. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their home state at time of entry. Employees of FIA Card Services, N.A., a division of Bank of America Corporation, Royal Caribbean, Visa U.S.A. Inc., their respective Member financial institutions, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc. and its affiliates, and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households, of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Drawing: On or about March 21, 2014 a random drawing from among all eligible entries received (transactions and mail-ins) will be conducted under the direction of Marden-Kane, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Limit of one prize per person or household.
4. Odds: The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:4,606,610; of winning a First Prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a Second Prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a third prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a Fourth Prize 1:460,661, however, the actual odds of winning any prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received for the Promotional Period.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: A 7-night cruise for two on a future ship sailing inside category stateroom and a $2,000 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,850. One (1) First Prize: 2-night Inaugural sailing on Quantum of the Seas inside or oceanview category stateroom and a $1,000 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,699. One (1) Second Prize: $750 Visa gift card, Retail Value (“RV”) $750, One (1) Third Prize: $500 Visa gift card, Retail Value (“RV”) $500. Ten (10) Fourth Prizes: $100 Visa gift card, Retail Value (“RV”) $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes is $7,799. Airfare and transfers are not included. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the payment of taxes on the prize and for any other expenses not specifically described above.
Prize Restrictions: Grand Prize cruise must be completed within one year of date of notification and is subject to availability. A minimum of sixty (60) days advance notice for reservations is required prior to trip departure and blackout periods may apply. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel together and on the same itinerary, or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. The timing of inaugural sailing will take place in November 2014 and departs from Bayonne, New Jersey (Cape Liberty). The First Prize Winner and his/her guest will be required to travel on the exact travel dates which will be determined by Sponsor. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. All gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions by the issuer. In addition, the winners and their travel companions are responsible for obtaining all travel documents as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. All other expenses relating to acceptance of cruise prizes that are not explicitly stated herein, such as but not limited to, taxes, baggage fees, government taxes, fuel surcharges, ground transportation, special seating assignments, laundry services, merchandise, room service, service charges, souvenirs, telephone calls and gratuities and tips are the responsibility of prize winners and guests.
6. Winner Notification: On or about March 24, 2014 the potential winners will be notified by USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation, or at Sponsor’s discretion, by telephone. Forfeiture of prize and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following at the Sponsor’s discretion:  failure of a potential Prize winner to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, where legal, a Publicity Release, and a completed IRS Form W-9, within fourteen (14) days after mailing;  the return of any notification or prize as undeliverable and  any other non-compliance with Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their name and photograph/likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners consent to such in writing.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless FIA Card Services, N.A., a division of Bank of America Corporation, Royal Caribbean, Visa U.S.A. Inc., Visa International Service Association, and their respective Member financial institutions, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Marden-Kane, Inc., and all its affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. Entrants agree that the laws of the state of Delaware will govern any and all disputes. Releasees are not responsible for computer, printing, typographical, human, or other errors, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prize, the processing of entries or in any Sweepstakes related materials; or for transactions that are lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries or postage due mail; fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, or process any transaction thereon. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible non-suspect transactions and write-in entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that: a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
8. Who Won?: For the names of the winners (available after March 31, 2014), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Royal Caribbean Spend and Sail Sweepstakes” Winners, P.O. Box 8025, Garden City, NY 11530-8025. Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2014. Requests will be fulfilled when the drawing has been conducted and the winners have been verified.
9. Sponsor: FIA Card Services, N.A., a division of Bank of America Corporation, 1100 North King Street, Wilmington, DE 19884. Administrator, Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530.
Visa and its client financial institutions have not sponsored or offered this promotion in any way.
© 2013 Bank of America Corporation
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE, APPLICATION OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
You have not yet won. One (1) Grand Prize: 7-night cruise for two on a future ship sailing inside category stateroom and a $2,000 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,850. One (1) First Prize: 2-night Inaugural sailing on Quantum of the Seas inside oceanview or category stateroom and a $1,000 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,699. One (1) Second Prize: $750 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $750, One (1) Third Prize: $500 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $500. Ten (10) Fourth Prizes: $100 Visa gift card, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $100 each. Total Prize Pool: $7,799. The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:4,606,610; of winning a First Prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a Second Prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a third prize 1:4,606,610; of winning a Fourth Prize 1:460,661, however, the actual odds of winning any prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received for the Promotional Period. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 2/28/14 and received by 3/7/14. Sweepstakes ends 2/28/14. See Official Rules above for complete prize restrictions. Sponsored by FIA Card Services, N.A., a division of Bank of America Corporation, 1100 North King Street, Wilmington, DE 19884.