What is US Direct?
Save Time with US Direct.
Royal Caribbean International in conjunction with United States Officials, Canadian Officials and the Vancouver International Airport are pleased to offer eligible guests a new level of service designed to get you onboard your ship faster.
US Direct can save you up to 2 hours of wait time through Customs and Immigration formalities. Guests not participating should expect long wait times at the airport and pier.
Eligibility Requirements for Embarking Guests
- Arrive into Vancouver Airport (YVR) on a flight originating from the United States
- Flight must arrive on the day of sailing by 1:45pm
- Guest must be a United States Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Guest must participate in our Air/Sea or Cruise Only Transfer Program
- Luggage must be tagged properly with the ships tags prior to arrival in Vancouver
All checked luggage must have the ship’s luggage tags applied prior to airline check-in. Royal Caribbean will mail US Direct bag tags to eligible guests/travel agents meeting the above criteria 15 days prior to sailing.
Upon arrival at the Vancouver Airport follow the green US Direct signage (see above) and identify yourself to the Airport Staff at the US Direct transfer point. Please have proof of citizenship and transfer voucher in hand. Do not proceed down the escalators for entry into Canada.
Program subject to cancellation without notice dependant on participation.
Please view our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
Please contact your Travel Agent or Royal Caribbean International directly at 800-327-6700 to inquire about purchasing an airport to pier transfer.
What is the Grandview Train Transfer?
Why the Train?
- A relaxing transfer experience at the beginning or end of the cruise.
- Direct boarding from either the pier or airport (complementary transfer from the Anchorage Hospitality Center to the Grandview).
- Provides those of you who are not able to take a Cruisetour with a glimpse into Alaska’s scenic landscape, some of which is only visible by train.
- You can stand and move about the train during the transfer.
- Dining and lounge cars offer varied food & beverage options (cashless system only Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners) plus added areas for relaxation.
- Wildlife sightings along the train route are common.
Northbound or Southbound?
Southbound Train for Southbound Cruises
- Anchorage to Seward Pier Terminal
- Used by guests arriving in Anchorage to board their cruise in Seward.
Northbound Train for Northbound Cruises
- Used by guests ending their cruise in Seward and going to Anchorage for flights or other post cruise plans.
Air/Sea guests may book the upgrade to the train transfer as follows:
- Southbound guests may purchase the upgrade at the Anchorage Hospitality Center. This will be charged to the guests’ onboard account.
- Northbound guests may purchase the upgrade at the Guest Relations Desk onboard the vessel.
Cruise only transfer and pre cruise hotel package upgrades to train transfer can be booked:
- In advance with Royal Caribbean Reservations Dept.
- At the Anchorage Hospitality Center