The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Tour the famous Rock of Gibraltar, located at the southernmost tip of Europe, between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. Its unique location has played a pivotal role in history, as one of the world's most important military strongholds. You’ll feel like you’re on top of the world at 14000 feet, with a breathtaking view of the African coastline, Spain’s Costa del Sol and the perfect panoramic shot of the city below.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Visit the Gibraltar Museum and take a look at the history of this interesting landmark. The museum offers audio/video presentations and galleries filled with old artifacts.
- Take a ride in a cable car from the top of the Rock of Gibraltar. You'll have breathtaking views of the Strait of Gibraltar, the southern coast of Spain and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Explore St. Michael's Cave. Consisting of two caves, the old and the new. The old cave has been known since Roman times and the new one was discovered in 1942.
- Wander through the Great Siege Tunnels, known as the most impressive defense system devised by man.
- Visit what remains of the Moorish Castle complex, its great square tower jutting out on top of the hillside has impressed visitors for over six centuries.
- Go see Gibraltar’s famous Barbary Macaques in the Apes’ Den. Legend has it that the moment the Apes leave Gibraltar it will cease to be British.
The Gibraltar pound (GIP) is the official currency in Gibraltar - however, pounds sterling is also used. Credit cards are widely accepted.
Weather in Gibraltar, United Kingdom
|| 3.01 in
|| 7.65 cm