The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Just west of downtown Ocho Rios, you'll discover one of Jamaica's most famous waterfalls - Dunn's River Falls. The cool mountain waters plunge 600 feet to smooth limestone beds, then stream under the roadway before mingling with the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Whether you climb the falls or swim in the chilly eddies on the ocean side, you're sure to remember this place.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Board a 30-foot, two-seater bamboo raft. Your captain will guide the raft down the two-mile winding tropical river as you enjoy the lush Jamaican foliage.
- Climb into a comfortable safari-rigged Land Rover® and prepare to experience the real Jamaica.
- Board the 90-foot yacht San San for an exciting adventure off the coast of Ocho Rios.
- Experience an invigorating river-tubing safari down the White River and soak up the rays.
- Shop for the perfect souvenir in more than 100 duty-free stores on a Shopping & Shaw Park Combination Tour.
Take a downhill bike ride through limestone valleys where a variety of impressive ferns make for an amazing landscape. Stop at the eight springs that form Dunn's River Falls. Then continue to the bottom of the falls.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
When you're in Jamaica, you shouldn't miss the mouthwatering Jamaican jerk pork and chicken. It's not haute cuisine, but you'll crave these delicious traditional meats for years to come.
The Jamaican dollar (JMD) is the official unit of currency. U.S. dollars, traveler's checks and credit cards are widely accepted.
Weather in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
|| 0.5 in
|| 1.27 cm
Before You Visit
Shopping and dining are in port at this former fishing village overlooking a lovely turquoise bay. Beyond the beach, options include horseback riding, climbing waterfalls and zip-lining, and cultural sights like a Bob Marley museum.