The One Thing You Don't Want To Miss
Take the unforgettable journey aboard the "Scenic Railway of the World" and travel 20 miles from tidewater to the summit of the White Pass - a 2,865 foot elevation. Ride in vintage rail cars as you retrace the original route to the White Pass summit. This fully narrated tour features panoramas of mountains, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles and historic sites. See the original Klondike Trail of '98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls that passed this route in seek of fortune. Experience this unique railroad that symbolizes accomplishment in the adventure of pioneering - triumph over challenge.
Other Fun Things To Do
- Take a helicopter ride away from civilization to the Chilkat Glacier system, where frozen rivers of ice surge between high mountain peaks.
- Combine helicopter glacier flightseeing with one of Alaska's favorite sports – dog sledding.
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to design and blow your own glass art in the Last Frontier - complete with real gold in your finished piece!
- Experience one of Alaska's most breathtaking valleys while horseback-riding through historic Dyea.
- Cruise to a remote beach at Glacier Point, then get aboard a 31-foot canoe and explore spectacular icebergs.
- Take a helicopter to discover glaciers, where you'll land and hike across this huge sheet of ice while your guide points out crevasses and other features.
- Join professional mountain guides for a rock climbing and rappelling adventure on the granite walls of Alaska! Choose between over a dozen climbing routes that offer something for all abilities.
- Kayak on the crystal clear waters of a glacially carved lake in the alpine terrain of the Tormented Valley.
- Walk on raised balance beams, cross suspension bridges, and fly through the air on a series of zip lines at Skagway's adventure park.
Get A Taste Of Local Flavor
Try a true Alaskan salmon bake - a dining experience you'll never forget. The meal will include wild Alaskan salmon and assorted side dishes.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Weather in Skagway, Alaska
|| 4.9 in
|| 12.45 cm