While on Your Cruisetour
Calgary is a charming city and the starting point or final destination of two of our Canadian Rockies Cruisetours. Take the time to explore this frontier city on your own. Take a trip up the 525-foot Calgary Tower, where you can enjoy an awe-inspiring view while dining. You'll find it represents all the best of the great West.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Visit the wonderful Calgary Zoo. Located on St. George's Island in the middle of the Bow River, it is home to more than 1,400 animals in natural settings. There are underwater areas for polar bears and sea creatures, a House of Night for nocturnal animals, even a Prehistoric Park, with 22 life-size dinosaur replicas.
- Go see Hudson's Bay Company, founded in 1670, for extra-warm clothes and other Canadian essentials.
- Take a walk through Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame located at Canada Olympic Park. This 40,000 square foot facility has 12 galleries and over 50 interactive exhibits including shadow boxing against Olympic Gold Medalist Lennox Lewis, 3D goalie and back-catcher experiences, and more.
- Experience exhilarating drops and loops at Calaway Park, Canada’s largest outdoor family amusement park.
- Get an authentic taste of Western Canada from 1864 through the 1950’s in Canada’s largest living history museum. At Heritage Park Historical Village, guests will ride the thundering steam train and enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride through the old frontier.
- Get a taste of Calgary’s growing culinary scene with fine dining restaurants, picturesque coffee shops, and craft beers from their leading breweries.
The official currency of Canada is the Canadian Dollar (CAD).
Weather in Calgary, Alberta
|| 0.5 in
|| 1.27 cm
Before You Visit
Learn more about this port city with these tourist information guides.