Explore Bangkok’s monuments. A two and a half hour scenic drive introduces you to the “City of Angels.” After lunch, you’ll continue to the stunning Wat Traimit, stroll the flower market, visit the extensive Wat Pho and independently explore. Your dinner cruise travels the scenic Chao Praya River stopping at Asiatique the Riverfront. The next day, a motor launch floats to the fascinating Temple of Dawn, Royal Barges Museum and Grand Palace. Enjoy a sumptuous lunch before the return journey to the ship with en route shopping stop.
Discover the architectural treasures and renowned monuments of Bangkok on your tour. Set off on a two and a half hour drive and arrive in the “City of Angels.” You’ll check into either the Royal Orchid Sheraton or similar hotel and prepare for your day of exploration with a delicious meal. After your meal, travel to Wat Traimit, also known as the Temple of the Golden Buddha. Within its opulent setting sits a 15-foot tall image of Buddha weighing five and half tons in mostly pure gold. Your tour drives through Chinatown and stops for a short walk at the local flower market blooming with colorful, bright and exotic floral arrangements. You’ll continue on your motor coach to Wat Pho, the most extensive temple in Bangkok, with its colossal reclining Buddha and the Chedi of the Kings. Wat Pho is also the leading school for the traditional Thai massage. After your transfer, you’ll return to the hotel to enjoy the afternoon at your leisure.
In the evening, step aboard a converted rice barge for a dinner cruise along the scenic Chao Praya River. Savor the sights, sounds and breath-taking scenery as you pass the beautifully lit Wat Arun, Grand Palace to Krung Thon Bridge and the gorgeous Bangkok skyline. A delicious Thai-styled dinner with amazing appetizers, entrees, desserts and soft drinks are served.
Your boat stops at Asiatique the Riverfront, for a lively shopping experience at a night bazaar. Browse and try your hand at bargaining for thousands of local products ranging from food, clothing, household products, art, antiques and handicrafts. A guide will offer tips on how to return to the hotel if you choose to linger at the market. Or, you can return to hotel and rest up for the next day's adventures.
After an appetizing breakfast at the hotel, board your motor launch for a journey into the canals and river tributaries that traverse this fascinating city. As you explore the area, you'll pass rustic homes built on stilts above the water and clustered along the river's edge. You’ll arrive at the Wat Arun, known as the “Temple of Dawn.” Its 260 foot spire silhouette is often recognized as the symbol of Thailand. The temple is built on the site of the palace King Taksin during the 18th century. Your motor launch continues to Royal Barges Museum. The barges are fabulously ornamented boats with many gilded and gold. They are used during Thai festivals and processions along the river. The King's barge is over 160 feet long and requires a crew of 50 specially trained oarsmen. After the brief trip, you’ll visit the impressive Grand Palace adorned with extensive murals, gilded spires and fantastic architectural designs. The sacred image of the Buddha sits high atop a golden throne in the Wat Phra Kaew, known as the “Temple of the Emerald Buddha.” It was carved from a single piece of jade in the 15th century. The Buddha guards the sovereignty of the Kingdom and the religious beliefs of the people. Upon concluding your tour, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and shop for gem stones, jewelry and local Thai products. You’ll depart in the mid-afternoon for Laem Chabang port and return to your ship.
• Wat Traimit: View the world’s largest solid gold Budda image.
• Wat Pho: See the reclining Buddha covered in gold leaf.
• Thai-styled dinner cruise: Absorb Bangkok’s skyline and sites as you indulge in delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks.
• Asiatique the Riverfront: Browse and bargain at Bangkok’s vibrant night bazaar.
• Wat Arun: Visit the temple named after the Indian God of Dawn and sits majestically overlooking the riverside.
• Royal Barges Museum: Witness eight of the country’s most unique and stunning vessels.
• Grand Palace: View its impressive architecture and the Emerald Buddha.
• Shopping: Purchase beautiful gem stones, jewelry and local Thai products.
• Meals: Enjoy delicious lunches and an exquisite dinner.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Change of clothes
• Toiletries and any medication
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• No exposed shoulders or knees
• No tank tops or shorts
• Please note that the last day to cancel this tour before incurring in late fees is 7 days prior to sailing.
• Pricing is per person.
• Guests walk one mile over uneven surfaces with 50+ steps.
• Guests have one hour for shopping or free time on the first day.
• The drive to/from Bangkok is two and half hours, depending upon traffic conditions.
• Tour order may vary and all tour venues will be included.
• All transfers and tours occur via private air-conditioned motor coaches.
• Guides are English speakers.
• Accommodation are at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel or similar.
• Meals are as specified. Bottled water and soft drinks are provided during meal. Coffee or tea are served at the end of meal.
• Admission fees are included. Shopping stop is included. Cold Towel & bottled water is provided.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour. Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• No refund can be guaranteed if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival in port. Space is limited but a minimum is required to operate. Due to the flight manifest requirements, this tour must be purchased in advance of boarding the vessel and might not be available for sale once on board. Should the minimum not be met by 30 days prior to the start of the cruise, the tour will be cancelled.