Ready to reserve this excursion?
You have heard about Taj Mahal, you have seen the pictures and you may have learned the romantic story behind this gorgeous structure — that this pure white marble architectural marvel is an emperor’s enduring monument to his beloved wife. Now you have the chance to visit the immense, captivating Taj Mahal and the impressive Agra Fort nearby in a once-in-a-lifetime multiday tour. Fly from Cochin to Delhi, tour the Taj Mahal and Agra fort the next day, and fly to Goa the following morning to meet up with your ship. Flights, accommodation in a five-star hotel, transfers and all meals are included.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
On the first day of your adventure, you will make your way to Delhi. You will meet your guide on the gangway of your ship, who will accompany you on your transfer from the pier at Cochin to the airport. Your flight will be about four hours long and include snacks. At Delhi, you will check into the Suryaa Hotel, a deluxe hotel and your home base for the next two nights. Enjoy dinner at one of the fine restaurants, with time on your own before turning in. Be sure to get your rest — tomorrow you will see one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
Cold breakfast will be served at hotel. After breakfast, head with your guide to the railway station and enjoy the train experience from Delhi to Agra, which was the second capital of the Mughal Empire. Walk for about 1/2 KM from the coach drop off area to the railway station in Delhi. Agra Fort is your first stop. Built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1565, the virtually intact fort is made of red sandstone and resembles a walled city, a symbol of power, strength and resilience. Amble through the vast halls and feel transported back in time when the fort was the former imperial residence of the Mughal Dynasty.
After lunch at a nearby hotel comes the highlight of your trip, the Taj Mahal. This magnificent marble mausoleum was built in the mid-17th century by the grieving Shah Jahan, who lost his wife, the princess Mumtaz Mahal, while she gave birth to their 14th child. The Taj Mahal is considered the jewel of Muslim art in India. Throughout the day its color changes, from soft grey and yellow to pearly cream and dazzling white. This play of light is an important decorative device, symbolically implying the presence of Allah, who is never represented in anthropomorphic form. The Taj Mahal cost about 32 million rupees to build, which today would be about USD $827 million. After exploring this exquisite structure, spend some time at a handicraft shop where you can buy some souvenirs before making the journey back to Delhi to return to your hotel and enjoy dinner.
This is the last day of your incredible journey. After breakfast in the hotel, your guide will take you to the airport in Delhi for your flight to Goa. On the way, they will recount the history and significant sights of Goa. After, you will meet up with your fellow guests back on the ship. But you will feel changed, because even though you may have left the Taj Mahal, the exquisite grandeur of the Taj Mahal will never leave you.
• Taj Mahal: Enjoy a visit to the breathtaking Taj Mahal – a UNESCO heritage site and one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
• Agra Fort: Built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1565 AD, the virtually intact fort is predominantly made of red sand stone.
• Everything is included: Flights, accommodation in a five-star hotel, transfers and all meals are included in this incredible journey.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Valid Indian visas (obtained before arrival into India)
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Small back pack
• Changes of clothes
• Toiletries, medications, etc. for three days and two nights away from the ship
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable light clothing
• Sites and order of visits are subject to change because of weather or other operational influences.
• This tour is suitable for guests with walking disabilities, providing that a ship escort or companion accompanies them.
• Confirmation of disabled rooms will be strictly subject to availability at the time of booking.
• The weather may be cool during early morning and nights but comfortable during the day; please pack accordingly.
• Guests must have a valid stamped Indian Tourist Visa in their passport prior to arriving in India.
• All overland programs require a minimum number of participants in order to operate as described. If this minimum number is not obtained, Royal Caribbean Cruises reserves the right to offer the program at a different rate based on private arrangements or to cancel a specific departure.