Delight in coastal scenery and learn about Icy Strait Point’s native Tlingit people while traveling in a covered tram before watching a tribal dance show. Set out on a two-mile ride through dense rainforests with views of dazzling Icy Strait waters, and learn the ecology of local flora and fauna. Wander around a rocky beach independently and then see live Huna Tlingit performers, donning traditional storytelling garb, singing and dancing in an interactive tribal celebration.
• Tribal Dance Show: Join along in a live singing, dancing, and storytelling celebration by Hoonah Tlingit performers wearing traditional regalia.
• Scenic Tram Ride: Relax on a two-mile route around Chichagof Island, where you'll identify local flora and relish waterfront views.
• Independent Exploration: Walk along a pebbled beach area on your own, admiring snow-capped peaks or seeing a bald eagle nest.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Warm clothes
• The tram route is bumpy in places.
• Optional beach walk is over uneven terrain.
• No photography or videography during dance performance.
• The performers will remain in their regalia for photos immediately afterward.