Explore the avian diversity of Hoonah’s lush temperate rainforest and its surrounding tidal waters with a local expert — the only dedicated birding tour in Alaska offered to cruise guests. Your guide will show you the best places to scope for seabirds, ducks, gulls and bald eagles, then lead your small group down a trail through mixed forest and grasslands to find a wealth of passerines. Binoculars, rain jackets and the highest-quality spotting scopes will be provided. Whether you are an avid birder or a casual birdwatcher, your guide will help you get the most out of your Alaska experience. What’s more, a portion of the proceeds for this tour go to the Juneau Audubon Society for research and development of birding in the Hoonah area.
• Superb birdwatching: Explore the avian diversity of Hoonah’s lush temperate rainforest and its surrounding tidal waters with a local expert.
• No experience necessary: All gear is provided, plus your knowledgeable guide helps make the most of your time ashore.
• Fund a worthy cause: Part of the proceeds go to the Juneau Audubon Society to support birding in the area.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Binoculars (if guests want to use their own)
What To Wear:
• Layered clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Minimum age for tour is 8 years.
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible.