Glide into a glorious adventure on a two-person sea kayak to view mighty Mendenhall Glacier. Learn paddling techniques from an expert, then set out for possible close encounters with wildlife against a spectacular backdrop of forested slopes, nearby peaks and the icy spires of a glacier. Tour Fritz Cove, look for bald eagles and humpback whales, and visit the Mendenhall Wetlands, a protected habitat teeming with birds, mammals and marine life.
• Kayaking: Whether beginner or expert paddler, explore the unforgettable richness of the region native-style.
• Wildlife Galore: Look out for countless marine life, land mammals and hundreds of species of birds.
• Breathtaking Scenery: Feel your spirit soar as you view Mendenhall Glacier and Mendenhall Wetlands.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must be able and willing to paddle for 1.5-2 hours.
• Tour begins with a narrated tour through a historic part of Juneau on the way to North Douglas Island.
• Protective raingear, boots and lifejackets are provided.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must weigh between 40 and 250 pounds.