Embark on a dynamic helicopter ride as you soar high above Juneau's mountainous terrain before landing on Mendenhall Glacier for an exhilarating dog-sledding journey. Enjoy a scenic 30-minute flight, as you view Alaska's lush rainforests and glacier-carved peaks below. Touch down atop the 12-mile-long Mendenhall Glacier, where you'll meet professional dog-sledding mushers along with about 300 spirited Alaskan dogs. Take the reins or ride in the sled while enjoying a thrilling trip across the snow.
• Dog Sledding: Revel in a thrilling guided ride, meet professional mushers, and snap photos with more than 280 Alaskan dogs.
• Scenic Helicopter Ride: View dense green rainforests and spectacular snow-capped mountains as you fly high above Juneau in a helicopter.
• Mendenhall Glacier: Land on top of the icecap, which encapsulates a 12-mile-long protected recreation area, part of Tongass National Forest.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Hiking/walking shoes
• This tour includes approximately 30 minutes of flight time.
• Guests must register their body weight at the time of booking.
• Guests weighing 250 pounds or more (fully clothed) will be assessed a weight surcharge ($100), which will be manually added to your account.
• No bags allowed on the helicopter.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• TEMSCO Helicopters does not permit the use of iPads, iPad Minis or any tablet device on our flightseeing tours. No Go-Pro Sticks, extendible items or drones allowed on tour. Please plan accordingly.
• This tour will follow Federal Aviation Administration requirements stating that children 2 years and older on any aircraft must occupy, and pay, a separate seat. Payment will be processed onboard your ship.