Ready to reserve this excursion?
Delight in Victoria’s rich history, natural landscapes and gourmet flavors on a half-day outing that includes a narrated sightseeing drive and a peaceful picnic lunch amid the blooming environs of Butchart Gardens. In the comfort of a deluxe motor coach, listen along as your guide points out notable landmarks in the downtown area. See Canada’s oldest Chinatown district, the famous Empress Hotel, and Parliament Buildings in the capital of British Columbia. Then stroll at your own pace around Butchart Gardens, a family-owned operation and one of the world’s premier floral show gardens. Through a collection of themed gardens you’ll see how this old rock quarry was transformed into the home of some 900 varieties of plants — annuals, flowering trees, aromatic roses and more — over 100 years ago. Then take a seat on the lawns — or at a picnic table — and enjoy a meal featuring locally-sourced ingredients such as fresh fruit, house-made bread, wild caught British Columbia salmon, cheese from Vancouver Island, house-picked vegetables and Cowichan Valley chicken pasta salad, plus a dessert selection prepared in the pastry kitchen. This is one “reduced environmental footprint” experience you won’t soon forget.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Victoria: Enjoy a narrated sightseeing drive past Chinatown, the Empress Hotel, Parliament Buildings and more notable downtown landmarks.
• Butchart Gardens: Walk around at your leisure, viewing the Sunken Garden, Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, Italian Garden and Mediterranean Garden.
• Gourmet picnic: Savor a tasty meal of locally-sourced fruit, veggies, bread, seafood and charcuterie while relaxing in the gardens.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Walking around gardens is at guests’ discretion.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• With advanced notice, guests with walking difficulties can be accommodated, as well as those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact in advance of the cruise the Shore Excursions Department at email@example.com to review full details on this tour and availability.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.
• Butchart Gardens offers accessible pathways.
• Butchart Gardens is a non-smoking venue.
• Butchart Gardens no longer sells “single-use” plastic water bottles as an extension to their existing environmental practices. Visitors are requested to bring their own water bottles to fill at any of the double-filtered water stations located around the gardens. (The Butchart Gardens will have reusable ‘keepsake’ water bottles for sale for $3.00, the cost of purchasing a single-use serving.
• If guests are unable to sit on lawns for picnic, picnic tables are available.
• Dietary restrictions and allergies should be communicated in advance.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive between port and the gardens is approximately 45 minutes each way.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• Tour sequence may vary.