Come and see how the capital of British Columbia boasts a rich history and an exciting cosmopolitan atmosphere during a highlights tour of Victoria, and witness gorgeous displays of flora and fauna at its renowned Butchart Gardens. Victoria has a deep connection with its British ancestry, which is evident in the city’s architecture. As you make your way through the city streets, you’ll notice the double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages. The heart of Victoria’s downtown, Old Town, will hold many of its British historical buildings and landmarks. For example, Bastion Square was the original site of old Fort Victoria, and the Canadian Pacific Railway Steamship Terminal became a gateway to the city and western Canada. You’ll depart the city to visit one of the world’s premier floral show gardens. At Butchart Gardens, you’ll see its “Sunken Garden” featuring flowering trees, beds of annuals, and unique shrubs surrounded by remnants of old quarry. The Concert Lawn Walk has a collection of 30 hand-carved wooden animals and chariots. It includes a carousel for everyone to enjoy and two remarkable totem poles created by the Tsartlip and Tsawout First Nations. The luscious scents and bright colors of the Rose Garden will lure you through its rose-laden arches, and not too far away is the serene Japanese Garden with its streams, ponds, and bridges. After your walking tour, participate in the time-honored tradition of afternoon tea with savory tea sandwiches and sweets.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Victoria highlights: See historic buildings and landmarks of the First Nations and British settlers during a scenic drive through the city.
• Butchart Gardens: Stroll through a floral paradise and discover the different varieties of plant life and their beautiful scents and vibrant colors.
• Butchart tea: Participate in the time-honored tradition of afternoon tea with a selection of traditional delicacies, tea sandwiches and sweets.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light resistant jacket
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises at the Butchart Gardens. Thank you for your cooperation.
• It is the responsibility of the guest to notify the Shore Excursions Team onboard the ship of any special dietary needs at least 72 hours prior to the tour. The dining venue at Butchart Gardens will do its best to accommodate special requests, but please be advised it is not guaranteed that they will be able to accommodate every type of request. The venue cannot accommodate special dietary requests made on the spot during the tour. Guests will not be reimbursed for additional food or drink purchased at the venue.