Explore Old Québec, the only walled city in North America. Walk through Lower Town, built on a hill with narrow cobblestone streets and charming alleyways, from Place Royale to the quaint boutiques, specialty shops, outdoor cafes, strolling musicians and street performers of Petit Champlain Street. Travel to Upper Town via funicular, for a 35-40 minutes horse and carriage ride, passing near Chateau Frontenac, Parc des Gouverneur, De Tourny fountain, and other historic sites.
• Lower Town: Walk through Samuel de Champlain's first Québec settlement, see Petit Champlain Street, and historic Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Catholic Church.
• Carriage Tour: See former French Governor’s home Chateau Frontenac, and WWII meeting site for FDR, Churchill, and William Mackenzie King.
• Upper Town: See Parc des Gouverneur, Saint Louis Gate, the De Tourny fountain, Grand Allee, and Hotel du Parlement.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Horse and carriage tour approximately 35-40 minutes.