Enjoy a scenic drive to the center of the Island and watch the beauty of Barbados unfold in front of your eyes. Your first stop is at the lovely gardens of the Flower Forest, where many tropical colours and rich foliage surround you. Be entertained as the many care takers may be able to tell you about the history and healing powers of some of the many plants that live there. Next you will visit the St. John's Church. Standing over 800 ft above sea level and overlooking the East Coast of the island, this masterful church built 1831. Then it's on to Gun Hill Signal to see the famous lion sculpted from limestone by Captain Wilkinson in 1868.
Enjoy a scenic drive to the Island's center and watch the beauty of Barbados unfold before your eyes. Your first stop is at the lovely gardens of Flower Forest. Many tropical colours and rich foliage surround you as you are told about the history and healing powers of the captivating flora. Next you will visit the St. John's Church built in 1831. Standing over 800 ft above sea level and overlooking the island's East Coast . Then it’s on to Gun Hill Signal to see the famous lion sculpted from limestone by Captain Wilkinson in 1868. Take in the breathtaking scenery of central Barbados, standing where those who proctected the island once stood themselves. Continuing on, you pass by the Residence of the Governor General, Ilaro Court - the Prime Minister's official residence and the statue of Bussa, erected in 1986 to commemorate the deliverance from slavery. We make one final stop at the seaside UNESCO World Heritage Site- Historic Charles Fort before returning to the pier.
• Flower Forest: Delight in the thousands of colorful blooms grown and displayed in a six-acre site surrounded by countryside.
• St. John's Parish Church: See the beautiful interior, tombs of prominent islanders and spectacular Atlantic views at this colonial-era site.
• Tyrol Cot Heritage Village: Discover island history, culture and architecture at the antiques-filled former home of Barbados' first premier.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Arts and crafts are for sale at Tyrol Cot.
• Food and drinks are available onsite.