Come fish with Captain Jeff Black for his 29th year aboard Downeast lobster boat MV Miss Samantha. Watch as they catch lobster! Learn all about lobster fishing, what scientists are learning about the medicinal and health benefits of ocean life, and visit seals and their pups up close!
Top ten reasons to choose the Miss Samantha:
- 1) To have your picture taken with a lobster!
- 2) Onboard PA system so everyone can hear.
- 3) A professional naturalist who answers all your questions.
- 4) Spectacular scenery and wildlife - they point out porpoises, eagles and seals.
- 5) Free binocular use - so you can see seals up close.
- 6) Plankton viewing scopes so you can observe fascinating marine life.
- 7) Only tour with an aquarium touch tank - so you can hold a starfish, sea cucumber or lobster.
- 8) Fun education - learn all about lobster, seals, and what scnientists are discovering about undersea life.
- 9) Only lobster tour with an open bow and the most viewing room and seating of any lobster tour in Bar Harbor.
- 10)They are members of Allied Whale's marine mammal stranding network - who respond to and rescue stranded seal pups.
This is a great tour - especially for children. The tour is 'hands-on' and interactive, keeping kids occupied and entertained.