Discover prominent landmarks and the historic buildings of Canada's oldest incorporated city. You’ll stop at Carleton Martello Tower, built during the War of 1812 as a precaution against an American attack. Continue to the famous Reversing Rapids at Fallsview Park where your guide will explain how the mighty tides push the river water upstream twice a day. Pass Fort Howe the perfect location to offer a spectacular views of Saint John and the Bay of Fundy. Then enjoy free time at the Old City Market known for being the oldest working farmers' market in Canada and a popular meeting place for local residents.
• Carleton Martello Tower: Overlooking the harbor visit the interpretation centre of the historic fort built during the War of 1812.
• Reversing Falls Rapids: At Fallsview Park you’ll learn how the mighty tides push the river water upstream twice a day.
• Old City Market: Spend 20 minutes or so, exploring the market and admiring the locally made gifts and souvenirs.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-fourth mile over even surfaces.
• Due to ongoing construction the entrance to the tower will not be included for 2017.