OVERVIEW: This tour takes you through the beautiful countryside of this two-nation island. At the Butterfly Farm, you'll be surrounded by hundreds of exotic butterflies and your guide will point out courtship displays and relate facts and stories. You will witness the butterfly life cycle from laying eggs to caterpillar hatching.
HIGHLIGHTS: Scenic ride through the Dutch and French sides of the island. Tour the colorful Butterfly Farm. Explore and shop in the French capital of Marigot and the Dutch capital of Philipsburg.
NOTES: Most shops in Marigot will be closed on Sundays and holidays.
Visit the delightful Butterfly Farm and explore and shop in both the French capital of Marigot and the Dutch capital of Philipsburg.
- Enjoy a scenic ride through both the Dutch and French sides of the island.
- Tour the colorful Butterfly Farm.
- Explore and shop in Marigot and Philipsburg (at the end of the tour.)
The scenery is magnificent as this narrated tour takes you through the lovely countryside of this two-nation island. The Butterfly Farm welcomes you to their wonderful exhibition area where you will be greeted by a knowledgeable guide. Surrounded by hundreds of the most exotic butterflies, your guide will point out courtship displays and relate interesting facts and stories. You will witness the butterfly life cycle from laying eggs to caterpillar hatching. After the tour, enjoy a complimentary drink and browse the extensive selection of butterfly-inspired gifts in the shop.
Re-board your coach en route to Marigot, the capital of the French side of the island. There will be plenty of time for browsing and duty free shopping. Have your camera ready for picture taking at the Cole Bay International lookout point. Your tour ends in Philipsburg where you can explore and shop in the Dutch capital or continue to the dock and return to the ship.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Sun protection and sunglasses
- Money for shopping / souvenirs
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable shoes
- The order of visiting the various tour sites may change.
- Most shops in the French capital of Marigot will be closed on Sundays and holidays.