OVERVIEW: Spend hours relaxing, swimming or snorkeling at the private, floating Tiki Hut. This is a great place to lounge in the sun or shade and explore the beautiful underwater world of St. Maarten.
HIGHLIGHTS: After a 15 minute tender ride, arrive to the Tiki Hut floating platform. Snorkel in the Caribbean Sea with shipwrecks and cannons or in a protected 5 feet deep pool for beginners. Snorkel equipment and instruction is provided. Bar offers food and drinks for purchase (cash only).
NOTES: The boat shuttle returns approx. every 60 minutes so you can leave at your leisure.
Spend hours relaxing, swimming or snorkeling at the private, floating Tiki Hut. This is a great place to lounge in the sun or shade and explore the beautiful underwater world of St. Maarten for the whole family.
- Swim, snorkel and sunbathe on the Tiki Hut floating platform.
- Snorkel equipment and instruction is provided.
- Bar offers food and drinks for purchase (cash only).
The Tiki Hut Relax & Snorkel tour is a unique tour because you can stay for the whole day or just for a few hours. The tour starts from the gangway of your ship with a less than a quarter of a mile walk to the water taxi pier. From there, it’s a short 10 minute tender ride to the Tiki Hut platform located in Little Bay.
Once onboard the Tiki Hut platform a staff member will introduce the crew and take you through a short briefing. After that you can snorkel, swim, or just enjoy the scenery from a lounge chair. Your belongings are stored safely and kept dry in a numbered basket behind the bar which is available to you whenever you want. The bar sells a variety of soft drinks, snacks, barbeque meats, beer, rum punch, underwater cameras, and souvenirs. You can run a tab on the Tiki Hut Platform to avoid the inconvenience of constant money exchange and then simply pay the entire bill before leaving at the end of the day. Due to the remote location of the Tiki Hut, cash is the only means of payment.
Tiki Hut Relax & Snorkel provides you with masks and fins to fit a variety of sizes and also supplies floatation equipment, if desired. There are floating noodles and floatation belts available to give less experienced snorkelers greater ease and comfort in the water. There are always staff members available to help you with your equipment. Buoy markers surrounding the bay indicate where to snorkel and also to stop boats from entering the snorkeling area. The depth within these buoys varies from approximately 30 feet to shallow. The water surrounding the Tiki hut is approximately 25 feet deep; however, there is a 3 feet deep pool within the Tiki hut dock with ladder access that allows you to comfortably enter the water. You are free to stay on the Tiki Hut platform for the entire day or for a couple of hours, the choice is entirely yours. The shuttle makes frequent trips back to the mainland; you’re free to leave on any departure.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Towel (available onboard the ship)
- Sun protection
- Waterproof camera
- Cash for food and drinks (the bar only accepts cash).
What to Wear:
- Wear your bathing suit
- The boat shuttle returns approx. every 60 minutes so you can leave at your leisure.
- Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.