Tour tickets provides guests with Admission into Blackbeard's Estates & manor houses. All is self guided at guests' own pace. Tour involves several steps down hill. Historic Manor Houses, Gardens, Museums and other points of interest at Blackbeard’s Estates are connected by steps and pathways leading down hill (approximately 15-25 steps down between points of interest. The amount of walking may vary depending on personal touring and shopping time. Participants walk up to Blackbeard's Estates to start tour and then finish back to Main Street and Downtown shopping via the Colonial properties, Amber Museum. Participants are responsible for transportation back to the cruise ship. Taxis transport recommended & available Downtown which is approximately $4.00 per person. Walking Distance is approximately 1.5 miles.
- Visit Blackbeard’s Estates, Skytsborgtarn “Sky Tower” built in 1679, Villa Notman, Britannia House.
- Visit to the Rum Tasting/ Blending Room.
- View the 99 Steps next to the Magens-Pedersen Property & gardens being refurbished and also an archaeological dig.
- World Amber Museum with its 12,000 stone Waterfall.
- Easy access to DownTown Main Street for shopping on own; approximately $4.00 per person taxi fare return to ship.
Take a break from downtown shopping & walk over to Blackbeard’s Estates Hotel 1829 conveniently located at the beginning of Main Street on Government Hill. This tour is for guests who want to forego an island tour, but still want to visit St. Thomas’ premier Historical District Your ticket provides admission into this great family orientated Colonial park. At the main entrance the formidable statue of "Blackbeard the Pirate" will greet you in front of the 1679 Skytsborgtarn or "SkyTower".
Our knowledgeable and friendly guides will regale you with tales of St. Thomas’ colorful pirates and history of this tiny island that was one of the main trading ports in the eastern Caribbean. Our guides will be there ready to assist you on your self-paced tour throughout the entire 5acre Colonial Park. Take advantage of our swimming pools, relaxing lounge areas, bars (a complimentary rum or fruit punch is served) and specialized stores - all at your leisure.
Climb the historic Tower, sample local rum blended on site in our Rum Room, before exploring several "National Landmark" Colonial Manor houses set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens. Some of the houses in the area have been passed down from generation to generation and indeed are still lived in by St. Thomas families. Photo opportunities abound - harbor views from all angles, from top of the Sky Tower, to the decorative gardens with the world's largest collection of life size bronze pirate statues, historic structures then passing by the Famous 99 Steps and the Magens-Pedersen Property & gardens which are being refurbished as well as being an archaeological dig.
The tour ends at Hotel & Bar 1829 which is the oldest bar and hotel in St. Thomas - once the “liveliest spot “ in town. Before heading back downtown, relax and buy a drink made from one our many blended rums, sipping it from the balcony overlooking bustling Main Street, St. Thomas’ shopping Mecca.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Camera, cash for shopping and credit cards.
- Sun protection, sunglasses and bottled water as it can be very warm and sunny in St. Thomas.
What to Wear:
- Casual resort wear, hats – bring swimsuits & towels if you would like to enjoy one of the pools.
- Strongly recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- TThis tour includes walking downhill, steps and uneven surfaces. Therefore, it is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- After the tour finishes at Hotel/Bar 1829, guests are free to shop at their leisure in downtown before returning to the ship on their own. Taxis are readily available at a cost of approximately $4.00 per person to return to ship.