Volvo, perhaps one of the most well known Swedish products. Enjoy a visit to this pearl of Museums, "The World of Volvo", displaying Volvo's development from the start in 1927 until the 21st century. Continue for a panoramic tour of Gothenburg, Sweden's second largest city. Founded in 1621 by the King Gustav II Adolf, who got tired of the Danish raids and wanted a strong fortress in the west. The town grew quickly into an important trade and maritime city and is still today an important harbour.You will also drive by the in Gothenburg very famous "Feskekyrkan" the Fish Market, with its special architecture.
Discover the leading sights of the city on a narrated driving tour that includes a visit to the museum of Sweden’s largest exporter. You’ll experience Volvo’s tradition of excellence in a museum of vintage cars and trucks going back to 1927. You’ll drive along Avenyen, Gothenburg’s grand boulevard, and see landmarks like Gotaplatsen and Gustav Adolf squares, City Hall, the courthouse, stock exchange, and Fiskekyrkan, the fish market that looks like a church.
• World of Volvo: Admire a collection of vintage Volvos spanning nine decades, including a 1934 Volvo fire engine.
• Gothenburg Panoramic Tour: Relax and enjoy views of grand boulevards, squares, lively cafes and key landmarks of the city.
• Fiskekyrkan Fish Market: See the market named “Fish Church” because of its resemblance to a Gothic church.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes