This tour is designed for those who prefer to explore and discover Bruges on their own. You'll be escorted to Walplein Square (15-20 min walk), located in the heart of the city and within walking distance of countless landmarks. Then, this Belgian treasure is all yours. Take in the sights. Do a little shopping. Grab a bite to eat. Spend the day your way, at your own pace. The amount of walking is at the guest's discretion. Please note that this tour is non-guided and does not include lunch or entrance fees. The drive between the port and Bruges is approximately 30 minutes each way, subject to traffic conditions.
Strike out on your own in this romantic and exquisitely preserved medieval town. Explore whatever intrigues you – your motor coach escort offers excellent suggestions. Browse the shops of Walplein Square for Belgian lace and chocolate, relax with a Belgian beer, or take a horse-and-carriage ride. At Market Square, recently voted Europe’s most beautiful square, you can admire the tapering spires of the Provincial Court and climb the Belfry’s 366 steps for the best views in Bruges.
• Bruges Landmarks: Visit Market Square’s Belfry and magnificent Provincial Court; nearby are Holy Blood Basilica and Town Hall.
• Hidden Treasures: Follow your instincts. You never know what might be around the next corner or across a bridge.
• Shops and Cafes: Shop for Belgian chocolate and lace; relax in a cafe with Belgian fries and beer.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• The drive to and from Bruges takes approximately 30 minutes each way, depending on traffic.
• Your motor coach will drop you off and pick you up at a parking lot near Walplein Square.
• This tour involves approximately 3 hours on your own.
• Guests who miss the designated return time must return to the ship at their own expense.