OVERVIEW: This full-day tour is designed for guests who who use a wheelchair and those with limited mobility. This tour allows you to discover the city on your own with wheelchair accessible transportation provided.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy approximately 3 hours of free time to discover the exquisitely preserved medieval town of Bruges. Sightsee, shop or dine at your own pace. Transportation back to the ship in a wheelchair accessible vehicle is included.
NOTES: This tour does not include lunch or entrance fees. The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
Designed specifically to accommodate wheelchairs and guests with limited mobility, this tour takes you to Bruges comfortably and lets you explore the city at your own pace. After a 30-minute drive, you'll arrive at Walplein Square, where your tour escort will share tips and suggestions before you set off on your self-guided adventure. You'll have approximately three hours to explore the city's impressive landmarks, meet the friendly locals, and shop for chocolates, lace, and mementos.
• Learn about the city's history as you drive to Bruges in comfort on this wheelchair-friendly tour.
• Enjoy free time to explore the exquisitely preserved town of Bruges and its many landmarks, shops and restaurants.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Weather gear, if necessary
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This tour is non-guided and does not include lunch or entrance fees.
• This tour is designed for those guests who are full-time wheelchair users. Space permitting, we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
• In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter.
• Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle.
• Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact in advance of the cruise the Shore Excursion Department at email@example.com to review full details on this tour and availability.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.