OVERVIEW: This tour offers a nice orientation of the remote island of CocoCay and is conducted by a naturalist and local guide. This tour is perfect to combine with other tours or as part of a relaxing day on the beach.
HIGHLIGHTS: Take a leisurely walking tour of the island of CocoCay. Learn about the history and legends of the island as well as the flora and its medicinal qualities. Visit the historical ruins and explore the nature trail. End your tour on a quiet beach.
NOTES: Total walking is approximately 3/4 of a mile over uneven ground in certain areas. Bring comfortable walking shoes, bottled water, and sun protection.
This tour offers a nice orientation of the remote island of CocoCay and is conducted by a naturalist and local guide. Perfect to combine with other tours or as part of a relaxing day on the beach.
- Enjoy a leisurely walking tour of the island of CocoCay to learn some of the history and culture.
- End your tour on the quiet beach
A naturalist and historian local guide will escort you on a leisurely colorful walking tour of the remote island of CocoCay. Your guide will explain to you the nautical location of the island, how it played a major role in the golden era of legendary pirates like Blackbeard, and how these islands were used for operations by drug runners.
Along the way, you will encounter Bahamian flora and learn about some of its medicinal properties. During the tour, you will get to visit the historical ruin on the island, explore the nature trail, and end your island excursion on a quiet beach. Be introduced to sea stars, conch, stingrays, pelicans, iguanas, and the variety of birds venturing around in this natural habitat.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Sun protection, including a hat
- Bottled water
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Total walking is approximately 3/4 of a mile over uneven ground in certain areas.
- Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.