Wildlife and nature-enthusiasts will enjoy this adventurous airboat journey into Florida’s natural swamps. Skim across the grassy marsh at speeds of nearly 40 miles per hour and fly over wide-open lakes. Your airboat navigates places other watercraft can’t go. You’ll experience parts of Florida that are hard to access! The airboat twists and turns through the calm dark waters of the narrow channels, eases into dense swamps, and darts through fields of water hyacinths. Your eco-guide boat captain will slow down to point out wildlife and allow you a chance to capture photos. Watch as alligators lurk in the wetlands and gracefully swerve their bodies into the water; soaring eagles float and dive in the sky; wading birds bathe, and wild hogs scramble. Your airboat comes within feet of them. Your tour then heads to an old-style, rustic Florida Fish Camp nestled on the banks of St. Jones River. Here you will see a wildlife presentation and learn about conservation efforts. Next, prepare to satisfy your appetite with some good ole’ Southern-style seafood. Settle into your booth with a refreshment and sample foods like Gator Tail, Frog Legs, Turtle, or Catfish, and listen as the live country music band plays.
• Airboat Adventure: Blast across the waters of the St Johns River at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour.
• Wildlife: Come within a few feet of alligators, snakes, osprey and turtles.
• Southern-style seafood: Stimulate your tastebuds with an assortment of fresh cooked local foods like gators, frog legs and turtle.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Closed-toe shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Pregnant women and guests with back or neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must be of legal age in order to drink alcohol
• Wildlife sightings likely but not guaranteed.