Enjoy a scenic drive to the outskirts of Boston to discover the historic battlefields of Lexington and Concord.
Discover the historic battlefields of Lexington and Concord on a scenic drive to the outskirts of Boston. Learn how these one-time farming communities participated in the American Revolution. Your guide will identify the homes of some of America's most revered authors, including Nathaniel Hawthorne, Louisa May Alcott, and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Continue to Cambridge where you will see Harvard University, America's oldest institute of higher learning, and one of the world's most prestigious universities. Highlights:
• Lexington Green: Paul Revere's historical midnight ride ended here with the warning of British Redcoats approaching Boston Harbor.
• Concord and Old North Bridge: See where the Revolutionary War began, when British forces were surprised by 400 minutemen.
• Cambridge: Stroll past Harvard University, the oldest institute of higher learning in the United States, established in 1636.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-quarter mile over even and hard-packed gravel surfaces.