Step back in time with us to the 19th century, when Bar Harbor was the world's most exclusive resort. You'll learn about the fabulously wealthy summer residents: the grand parties, the manicured estates and the mansions. The costumed guides are so realistic, they'll have you convinced that you have "stepped back in time" to Victorian Bar Harbor.
Explore the colorful and illustrious history of Bar Harbor, Maine on a Victorian walking tour of this quaint town. Step back in time to the 1800s, as you follow your guide - playing the role of a Vanderbilt family servant - through the streets of Bar Harbor. Hear tales about the lavish lifestyle and over-the-top behavior of the fabulously wealthy robber barons and the newly rich who, in another era, made Bar Harbor their summer playground.Highlights:
• Bar Harbor Walk: Hear tales of grand parties and see the manicured estates at the summer playground of wealthy Victorians.
• Character Roles: Guides offer convincing portrayals of filthy-rich industrialists, blue-blood society, and eager social climbers of old Bar Harbor.
• Victorian Mansions: Marvel at extravagant homes, built in the era when Bar Harbor was America's most exclusive resort.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately three-fourths of a mile for 1-1/4 hours, over even and gravel surfaces, with some narrow pathways and 2 to 3 stairs.