The Royal Naval Dockyard is rich in Bermuda's maritime history. Board the open-air Trolley Train where your conductor combines stories, colorful anecdotes and historical information.
Enjoy a narrated trolley ride and learn about Bermuda’s Royal Navy Dockyard, the primary base of the British Navy in the Western Atlantic for more than 150 years. Discover Bermuda’s fascinating maritime history, from your open-air trolley, as the conductor points out impressive and historical features of this former naval headquarters. Your trolley passes many island landmarks adjacent to Royal Navy Dockyard, including beautiful Lagoon Park, the Royal Naval Cemetery and the Clocktower Centre.
• Trolley Ride: Your conductor regales you with rich local anecdotes and informative historical facts during your open-air trolley tour.
• Royal Naval Dockyard: Once the primary Western Atlantic base for the British Navy, this site showcases Bermuda’s rich maritime history.
• Naval Landmarks: See boulder-strewn Lagoon Park, two clocks indicating time and tides at Clocktower Centre, and headstones at Naval Cemetery.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Trolley carriages have forward and rear-facing seats.