Take an 8-10 minute walk to the Haligonian III. The purpose built Whale Watching vessel has a fully licensed bar, canteen and washroom facilites. It offers a choice of decks; the top is open to the fresh air and the bottom is enclosed and heated. Enjoy the informative commentary and see the wonderful sites and wildlife along the coast line of the islands surrounding the Halifax Harbour in search of the majestic views of the worlds largest mammals. Also see our captain pull in a live lobster trap while our on board naturalist answers all of your questions. Please note: Due to the nature of wildlife we cannot guarantee whale sightings.
Join a welcoming boat crew onboard the Haligonian III as you enjoy spectacular Halifax coastal views while searching for whales and other sea life. Set sail through Halifax Harbor, one of the world’s largest natural harbors, while traveling on a boat equipped with two observation decks, one open to the elements, one closed, and a full bar. Learn about the area’s sea life with onboard touch tanks and assist in pulling an Atlantic lobster trap.
• Scenic Cruise: Ride on the Haligonian III across Halifax Harbor, complete with two observation decks and a full bar.
• Marine Life: Engage sea life through onboard touch tanks and spot majestic whales that roam these fertile waters.
• Lobster Trapping: Learn about the area’s maritime history and get a chance to help pull an Atlantic lobster trap.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Wind/water-resistant jacket
• Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• The vessel has a fully licensed bar, canteen, and washroom facilities.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.