Starting from the quayside on foot you will first pass Kilden, the new performing art centre on the way to Odder°ya. The island has a very interesting military history having once been a naval base, and remnants of the ramparts, a gunpowder store, an old quarantine hospital and other 18th century buildings can still be seen.
Discover Kristiansand’s illustrious military past on a guided walking tour of nearby Odderoya island, as you view its notable wartime vestiges and modern landmarks. Travel on foot along Kristiansand’s harbor and past the exquisitely designed Kilden performing arts center. Cross the bridge to Odderoya, a nearby island and former naval base rich in military tradition. Visit a gunpowder store, the old quarantine hospital and timeworn barracks, which are now occupied by contemporary artists and filmmakers.
• Guided Walking Tour: Set out on foot along Kristiansand’s quayside and past the modern Kilden performing arts center.
• Odderoya: Traverse the island, learning of its illustrious military past as a former active naval base through the Cold War.
• Notable Landmarks: Visit a gunpowder store, the old quarantine hospital and timeworn barracks, which are now populated by contemporary artists.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.