Board your air conditioned coach for an approximate 25-minute drive to Casa Bacardi, located in Cata˝o. Once at the Bacardi Pavilion, you will receive a welcome drink and will be all set to enjoy their in house tour. The tour traces the famed rum distillery's history and heritage from the company's founding to the present. Know the story behind their legendary Bacardi cocktails, the birth of their iconic bat logo and also get to view a section of the plant from one of its safe exhibit windows. The tour concludes with a visit to their brand store. Participants must be at least 21 years to sample alcoholic beverages.
Learn about San Juan and Puerto Rican history through its important sugar-cane industry and a valuable by-product: rum. On your guided tour of family-founded Casa Bacardi Distillery, follow the rum making process- from raw cane to molasses, and from vat to barrel to bottle. Visit seven exhibit rooms, including a state-of-the-art theater. Taste-test the rum and enjoy free time browsing the onsite gift shop and museum. Total tour time 2-1/2 hours.Highlights:
• Casa Bacardi Heritage: Visit the rum distillery and the museum showcasing the history of the company and its founders.
• Bacardi Distillery: Enjoy a 90-minute, narrated tour, with visits to seven exhibit rooms and a theater.
• Bacardi Visitors Center: Taste, learn and shop! Enjoy complimentary samples, plus time in the museum and gift shop. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Sunglasses and hat
• Participants must be at least 21 years to sample alcoholic beverages.
• Bacardi is a popular site and you may experience an extended wait time.
• Traffic can be congested.
• Alternate routes are implemented whenever possible.
• Tour admission includes a commemorative Bacardi cup and a welcome drink.