Learn about San Juan and Puerto Rican history through its important sugar-cane industry and a valuable by-product: rum. On your guided tour of family-founded Casa Bacardi Distillery, follow the rum making process- from raw cane to molasses, and from vat to barrel to bottle. Visit seven exhibit rooms, including a state-of-the-art theater. Taste-test the rum and enjoy free time browsing the onsite gift shop and museum. Total tour time 2-1/2 hours.Highlights:
• Casa Bacardi Heritage: Visit the rum distillery and the museum showcasing the history of the company and its founders.
• Bacardi Distillery: Enjoy a 90-minute, narrated tour, with visits to seven exhibit rooms and a theater.
• Bacardi Visitors Center: Taste, learn and shop! Enjoy complimentary samples, plus time in the museum and gift shop. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Sunglasses and hat
• Participants must be at least 21 years to sample alcoholic beverages.
• Bacardi is a popular site and you may experience an extended wait time.
• Traffic can be congested.
• Alternate routes are implemented whenever possible.
• Tour admission includes a commemorative Bacardi cup and a welcome drink.