Drive through the lush tropical forest to the Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1982, 4,300 feet above sea level to view Kilauea Volcano—home of Pele, the legendary Goddess of Fire. Your tour includes a walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, a ride along the crater rim and a visit to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center & Gift Shop. You will not see molten lava on this tour.
Discover the power and wonders of volcanoes at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Ascend through the park's lush tropical forest to Kilauea, the steaming home of Pele, legendary goddess of fire. Enjoy expansive views as you ride through the Park, observe fuming sulfur banks, see lava tubes, and learn about the still-active volcano at the museum. On the return, travel through orchards to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center to sample locally made treats.
• Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Travel through tropical forest to the expansive steaming crater of Kilauea, and walk through the Thurston Lava Tube.
• Engaging Exhibits: Learn about the big island's formation, types of lava and more at the museum and visitor center.
• Island Treats: Sample local specialties and shop at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Sulfuric gases from the volcano may affect guests with respiratory problems.
• Guests do not see molten lava on this tour.