Delve into Cherbourg’s distinguished military history with a tour of the Caen Memorial museum, as you enjoy plenty of independent exploration and a tasty lunch. Watch an educational film on the role France played in World War II before exploring the museum on your own. Spend one hour and 30 minutes roaming fascinating exhibits, seeing historic artifacts, viewing photography collections and military aircraft. Enjoy a buffet meal of French fare before heading back to port.
• Caen Memorial: Learn of France’s role in World War II while watching a captivating film in the renowned military museum.
• Independent Exploration: Enjoy one hour and 30 minutes for exploring exhibits, seeing historic artifacts, viewing photography collections and military aircraft.
• Lunch: Savor a complimentary buffet of tasty French cuisine at the museum before being escorted back to the ship.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.