Delight in Cherbourg’s enthralling heritage and natural splendors as you tour two picturesque Normand castles and enjoy roaming around their lush botanical gardens. Meander around the private subtropical grounds of Vauville Castle, where you can view 900 species of plants from the Southern Hemisphere, including eucalyptus and bamboo, while relishing spectacular Atlantic Ocean vistas. Admire the romantic topiaries and 19th-century fairytale charm of Nacqueville Castle, with its colorful azaleas, giant gunnera, and picturesque riverfront park.
• Vauville Castle: Tour private subtropical grounds, see the granite bird bath, and visit the outside gardens while overlooking the sea.
• Nacqueville Castle: Delight in the 19th-century fairytale charm of the estate and its picturesque riverside park surrounded by forest.
• Botanical Gardens: See approximately 900 species of plants at Vauville Castle before admiring Nacqueville’s colorful azaleas and giant gunnera.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• There is no inside visit of the castles.