Explore the colorful and illustrious history of Bar Harbor, Maine on a Victorian walking tour of this quaint town. Step back in time to the 1800s, as you follow your guide - playing the role of a Vanderbilt family servant - through the streets of Bar Harbor. Hear tales about the lavish lifestyle and over-the-top behavior of the fabulously wealthy robber barons and the newly rich who, in another era, made Bar Harbor their summer playground.Highlights:
• Bar Harbor Walk: Hear tales of grand parties and see the manicured estates at the summer playground of wealthy Victorians.
• Character Roles: Guides offer convincing portrayals of filthy-rich industrialists, blue-blood society, and eager social climbers of old Bar Harbor.
• Victorian Mansions: Marvel at extravagant homes, built in the era when Bar Harbor was America's most exclusive resort.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately three-fourths of a mile for 1-1/4 hours, over even and gravel surfaces, with some narrow pathways and 2 to 3 stairs.