OVERVIEW: Enjoy the sights as you travel through Falmouth to Montego Bay and enjoy the tourism mecca of Montego Bay at your own pace. HIGHLIGHTS: Begin with a brief tour of historic Falmouth. Drive by the Greenwood and Rose Hall Great Houses, luxury hotels, beaches, and the homes of the rich and famous of Jamaica and Hollywood. In Mobay, you can indulge in Jamaica's Blue Mountain coffee, and the island's famous banana bread. Then enjoy two hours of free time to visit the hip strip, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville or Doctor's Cave Beach, shop, and more. NOTES: Bring a bathing suit if you plan to swim and cash for lunch/additional snacks and entrance fees such as to Doctor's Cave beach.
From Falmouth to Montego Bay enjoy sightseeing and explore the hip strip of Montego Bay at your pace. Explore the shops, visit Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville or Doctor’s Cave Beach and more.
- Tour historic Falmouth and tourism hot spot, the hip strip of Montego Bay.
- Enjoy 2 hours of leisure time in Montego Bay to explore shops, Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville or Doctor’s Cave Beach and more.
Long renowned for its historic Georgian architecture, board your comfortable tour bus in quaint Falmouth. Enjoy the morning sightseeing as you sojourn through Falmouth towards the island’s second largest city and tourism capital, musical Montego Bay. Sit back and relax as your professional tour guide explains the history, government, and culture in a lively, interactive manner. You will understand why the Arawak Indians named the island Jamaica, meaning “land of wood and water.”
Your journey includes drive by visits of the splendid Greenwood and Rose Hall Great Houses where you will be able to photograph one of the few remaining sugar mansions from the plantation era. View luxury hotels, shopping centers, beaches, restaurants, and the colorful local craft market in unique Mobay. You will also see the homes of the rich and famous of Jamaica and Hollywood. Indulge in the world’s most expensive coffee from Jamaica's Blue Mountain, and the island’s famous banana bread at Pier One on the Waterfront. Then, enjoy some leisure time on Mobay's 'hip strip' to browse the shops, be entertained at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville and take a dip in the curative waters of Doctor's Cave Beach.
The day will conclude with a restful ride to the cruise ship terminal at Falmouth with ample shops available at the pier.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Swimwear, towel and hat (if swimming at the beach or Margaritaville)
- Sun protection
- Money for shopping, beach entrance to Doctor’s Cave, restaurant purchases / souvenirs
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour includes transportation and local guide who can assist with questions on how to best spend your free time in Montego Bay. Tastings of Jamaica’s Blue Mountain coffee and banana bread are included in the tour price. Lunch or additional snacks are at your leisure and own expense as well as any entrance fees such as to Doctor’s Cave beach or shopping.
This tour is not recommended for full time wheelchair users unless private arrangements have been made. Please contact the Shore Excursion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to make private arrangements.