OVERVIEW: Meet and interact with the dolphin, pose for a big dolphin kiss and perform various close contact behaviors. The dolphin will push you as you ride a boogie board then glide across the water holding the dolphin's pectoral fins. You will also have a chance to interact with a manatee.
HIGHLIGHTS: Swim and interact with a dolphin. Interact with a manatee. In-water program duration 40 minutes. Enjoy free time to explore Chankanaab Park.
NOTES: Medical restrictions apply. Transportation back to the ship is available every hour.
Enjoy a unique opportunity to swim and interact with playful dolphins from a submerged platform and while swimming with them. You will also enjoy an interaction with a manatee and a sea lion show as well as entrance to the famous Chankanaab Park with time to enjoy its amenities.
- Swim and interact with a dolphin
- Interact with a manatee for 10 minutes and enjoy the sea lion show
- In-water program duration 40 minutes
- Enjoy free time to explore Chankanaab Park
The dolphin push, pull and swim and manatee interaction at Chankanaab program was designed to add a new dimension to interactive dolphin programs. You will be greeted on the dock where you will receive a brief orientation on the day's activities. Shortly thereafter, you will be transferred to the park via taxi where you will receive a locker and a dockside briefing by a trainer who will provide details about upcoming activities and safety procedures. Following the briefing, you will enter the water standing on a submerged platform for an introduction to your new dolphin friend. A lot of contact will happen at this portion of the program as you get to touch the dolphin and pose for a big dolphin kiss.
Next, your trainer will lead you into deeper water wearing a lifejacket, where you will perform various close contact behaviors with the dolphin. The dolphin will push you as you ride a boogie board then glide across the water holding the dolphin's pectoral fins. You will also have a chance to swim with your dolphin.
You will enjoy a 10-minute interaction with a manatee. After your manatee encounter, you will have time to watch the free sea lion show, relax on the beach with a cool drink, venture through the botanical gardens, and see the replicas of archaeological sites.
A day of family fun and togetherness awaits you!
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Towel (available onboard the ship)
- Sun protection
- Money for incidentals
What to Wear:
- Wear your bathing suit
- Transportation back to the ship will be available every hour on the hour
- Pregnant women are not allowed in the dolphin program.
- Guests 11 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult in the water.
- Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.