- Overview: Snorkel alongside loggerhead sea turtles at Akumal Bay for approx. 50 minutes in water only 6 to 8 feet deep. After snorkeling, you can relax on a beautiful white sand beach where a BBQ lunch is served.
- Highlights: Tender ride to and from the mainland. Snorkel with loggerhead sea turtles. BBQ lunch and drinks are included.
- Notes: Only biodegradable sun tan lotion is acceptable and no physical contact is permitted with the sea turtles or other wild marine life. Sightings of Sea Turtles and Marine life are not guaranteed.
Snorkel alongside loggerhead sea turtles at Akumal Bay! These graceful creatures swim alongside you at distances between 3 and 4 feet. Manta rays and large schools of exotic fish may also appear during your swim at depths of only 6 to 8 feet. After your 50-minute snorkeling adventure, enjoy 2 hours relaxing on the beach where a tropical BBQ lunch is served with complimentary drinks.
• Akumal Snorkeling Adventure: Swim alongside loggerhead sea turtles and other marine life.
• Beach Break: Relax on a beautiful white sandy beach for 2 hours.
• Lunch: Feast on a tropical BBQ lunch served with complimentary drinks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Waterproof Camera
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit undercover-up or light clothing
• Change of clothes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• The ferry ride to and from Playa del Carmen takes about 45 minutes each way.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Sightings of Sea Turtles and Marine life are not guaranteed.