Explore the Cozumel jungle on an ATV adventure and discover the tropical bird life, iguanas and critters while visiting replicas of Mayan burial grounds and ancient idols.
- Trek through the Cozumel jungle on an ATV
- Visit replicas of ancient Mayan burial grounds
Trek your way through the Cozumel jungle for a unique ATV adventure and discover the tropical bird life, iguanas and critters while visiting replicas of Mayan burial grounds and ancient idols.
Your adventure begins as you are transported by bus or van from the pier to the welcome station where you will find your All Terrain Vehicle and gear (helmets and goggles). Your bilingual guide will brief you on the road rules for safety and what you may expect to see. You will also see a video with the security information.
The journey starts as you drive through winding, narrow paths that lead into the dense Cozumel jungle. See ancient Mayan idols along the way; visit a planting field and learn the history of gum while seeing a replica of a chewing gum camp.
Afterwards, you will cruise back through the tropical foliage on a spiraling path, keeping your eyes open for tropical birds and resident critters. The ATV adventure portion of the tour will end back at the welcome station where you will have a chance to use the rest rooms and enjoy a nice cold beverage. Afterwards, board the bus or van that will take you back to present day and your awaiting ship.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Insect repellant
- Valid driver’s license to drive (1 person per vehicle so all guests drive their own ATV and must have a driver’s license)
What to Wear:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty/muddy
- Tennis shoes, sneakers, or boots are recommended (no open toe shoes)
- You will be exposed to a lot of mud and dirt on this tour
- Persons with physical or medical conditions should not participate due to the nature of the tour. Previous driving experience is recommended.
- Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.