Unlock the mysteries behind ancient Mayan culture and cuisine on a unique, two-wheeled Segway tour that leads you to the ruins of El Cedral temple, plus a botanical garden and tequila tasting room. At base camp you?ll meet an experienced Segway guide who will provide a safety helmet, audio headset and quick lesson on the basics of operating your self-balancing electric vehicle. After a quick practice spin, you?ll head out convoy-style across the picturesque island of Cozumel. Take the scenic route into the heart of El Cedral, the oldest Mayan settlement on the island. Roughly the size of a small house, this fertility shrine once served as an important ceremonial site ? and the island?s first church, located next door, still holds spiritual significance for locals today. Moving on, join your expert guide for a stroll through a botanical garden teeming with native plants. To round out the day, savor a selection of delectable Mayan delicacies before stopping in a tasting room to sample the island?s famous firewater. Here you?ll learn how locals have produced fine Mexican tequila, a distilled beverage made from the extract of the blue agave plant that dates as far back as the 1700s.
• Cozumel: Delight in a scenic drive across this tropical isle on a two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicle alongside experienced Segway guides.
• El Cedral: Hear tales of the celebrations and ceremonies held at this ruined temple before walking around a botanical garden.
• Mayan flavors: Eat native dishes like Mexico?s ancient peoples once did and then toast your adventure with a tequila tasting.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed toed Shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over paved, dirt and cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 10 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Helmets will be provided and are mandatory.
• Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Tour sequence may vary.