- Overview: Great for families or anyone who has always wanted to meet a dolphin up close and personal.
- Highlights: Participate in a dolphin encounter. Watch sea lion show. Swim, snorkel, or relax on the beach in Chankanaab Park. Enjoy free time to explore the park.
- Notes: Pregnant guests up to 3 months may participate.
Enjoy a hands-on experience with a dolphin and a sea lion show at Chankanaab National Park. Afterwards, you can snorkel, swim, or simply relax on the beach. Great for families or anyone who has always wanted to meet a dolphin up close and personal.
- Enjoy a hands-on experience with a dolphin
- Watch sea lions sing, dance, and leap at the free sea lion show
- Swim, snorkel, or relax on the beach in Chankanaab Park
- Enjoy free time to explore the park
You will meet our team at the cruise ship pier and take a brief 10 minute transfer to the world famous Chankanaab Natural Park. Chankanaab Park is Cozumel's jewel and one of the greatest tributes to nature in Cozumel, serving as a refuge area for marine life in the area. The pristine sea of Chankanaab is perfect for snorkeling and to explore the wonderful world of coral reefs, colorful fish, and many other surprises. Snorkeling equipment is available for rent for a nominal fee.
At the Dolphin Discovery area, you will be fitted with a life vest. Your experience begins as your dolphin trainer will assist you onto a submerged platform. Standing in waist-deep water, you will be introduced to a dolphin in a hands-on 30 minute encounter. Here you will have the opportunity to touch and pet the dolphin and watch as the trainer demonstrates some amazing dolphin behaviors.
After your dolphin experience, head to the Chankanaab’s free sea lion show, where you will watch the hilarious antics of the resident sea lions. The sea lions will sing, dance, and leap during the show. After the show, you can relax on the beach with a cool drink, venture through the botanical gardens, and see the replicas of archaeological sites.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Towel (available onboard the ship)
- Sun protection
- Money for incidentals
What to Wear:
- Wear your bathing suit
- Pregnant guests up to 3 months may participate in the dolphin encounter program.
- Children up to 47 inches tall must be accompanied by a paying adult.