OVERVIEW: This is an escorted transfer to one of the major touristic landmarks of the French Riviera, Cannes. You will have up to 4 hours in Cannes for independent exploring.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy up to 4 hours of free time downtown Cannes. Optional short guided walking tour of Cannes. Enjoy a scenic drive along the coast of the French Riviera.
Notes: This tour being an "On Your Own", walking in Cannes is mostly at guest's discretion. Lunch is not included.
This is an escorted transfer to one of the major touristic landmarks of the French Riviera, Cannes. You will have up to 4 hours of free time in Cannes for independent exploring. Lunch is not included.
- 4 hours of Free in Cannes
- Optional complimentary short guided tour of downtown Cannes
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the coast of the French Riviera.
For those guests who have already visited the French Riviera before, and those who would rather avoid the large crowds often present in Monaco, this is an excellent opportunity to experience the area of Cannes independently.
After a scenic drive via the coastal road past Nice and Antibes, you will arrive in Cannes, the town of the world-famous yearly International Film Festival. The historical part of Cannes sits on a hill, is called "Le Suquet" and offers a magnificent panoramic view over the whole town and the bay. The landmark "La Croisette" seaside boulevard starts from the Festival Palace (with palm imprints of many film stars all around it) and offers a nice promenade stroll with public and private beaches on one side, and famous hotels and chic boutiques on the other. The most lively shopping streets are Rue d'Antibes and Rue Meynadier. You will have time to explore the town at leisure, as everything is within walking distance from the center. Your guide will offer those of you who are interested to follow her for a short guided walking tour of downton Cannes. There are many snacks and small restaurants around in Cannes for you to make your own arrangements for lunch
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Camera, cash for shopping (most major stores accept Euros and credit cards)
- Sun protection, sunglasses, and bottled water as it can be quite warm/sunny in the French Riviera.
- Please note you may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras and/or personal water bottles at designated check points.
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour being an “On Your Own”, walking in Cannes is mostly at guests' discretion. However, please note that coaches have to leave after dropping off guests in the proximity of downtown Cannes, and come back later. Guide takes the guest to the main areas of interest and gives them a precise appointment meeting time and place (may vary according to the crowd of the day) to walk back together to the bus.
- The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions.
- Lunch is not included.