- Overview: Enjoy the views, shopping, lunch and Mexican culture in Cancun. Spend your time shopping at or near Plaza La Fiesta or take some time to relax at Cancun's true natural wonder, the beach. - Highlights: Approx. 3 1/2 hrs in Cancun to shop or take a swim or relax on the beach.
- Notes: The ferry ride is approx. 45 minutes each way. Inclement weather/rough seas may cause seasickness on the ferry ride, so guests should take the necessary precautions. The bus ride to and from Cancun is approx. 45 minutes each way.
Enjoy the views, shopping, lunch and the Mexican culture on this getaway to Cancun. Always wanted to visit the world famous resort area of Cancun? This tour takes care of the logistics and makes it easy.For Mariner of the Seas sailings as well as select other ships and sail dates, the tour will be approximately 7 hours due to the limited port time.
- Approximately 3 ½ hours in Cancun for shopping and relaxing on the beach
- Ferry ride to and from the mainland
- Lunch is included
Encounter Cancun, one of the world’s premier tourist destinations famous for its warm white powdery sand beaches and amazing turquoise crystal clear waters. Its Hotel Zone is a 17 mile long connected with the Caribbean Sea on one side and the Nichputé lagoon on the other, a world-renowned tourist resort dedicated to relaxation, shopping and enjoying life.
The tour begins as you disembark the tender from Cozumel and board an air-conditioned bus in Playa del Carmen for a scenic ride to the Caribbean Paradise of Cancun. During the ride, your English-speaking guide will provide information on this fascinating area and what you can expect to do and see.
Your first stop is at El Mirador where you'll witness the awe-inspiring vista of Cancun’s unique skyline. Continue your journey to the next stop “Plaza La Fiesta” for some shopping. You'll spend 2 hours here, where you can shop till you drop. If shopping is your thing, you'll find it available in abundance. The air-conditioned Plaza La Fiesta shopping center offers everything from gems to precious metals to t-shirts to Mexican blankets. If you're looking for some high end goods, you'll find today's hottest fashions and art designers within a few minutes walk from the drop off point. At the other end of the scale, there's a local flea market nearby, where you can try out your bargaining skills while shopping for folk art and other less expensive products. Kick back, enjoy a tasty lunch and recharge your engine before go back to Cozumel.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Sun protection
- Cash (most stores accept US dollars and credit cards)
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Bathing suit if you plan to swim
- The ferry ride to and from Playa del Carmen takes about 45 minutes each way.
- Please note that inclement weather and rough seas may cause seasickness on the ferry ride, so guests should take the necessary precautions.