Enjoy the Good Hope Plantation at your own pace. If you like history, culture, and scenic beauty, then this tour is a good fit.
- Walk through the 2,000 acre Good Hope Plantation.
- Visit the pottery house and stop in the Trading House for shopping.
- Upgrade to one of the exciting tours available.
Depart the cruise ship pier on an informative and historical drive through the town of Falmouth en-route to Good Hope Plantation. Walk through the ruins of buildings that were once the jewel of the Caribbean and enjoy the lush surroundings of a 2,000 acre working plantation. Take a step back in time when sugar was king as you walk on the lands once owned by the largest planter in Jamaica, John Tharp, to the ruins where the water wheel and kiln still stands today.
Your day will not be complete without a visit to the pottery house to see the work of the potter in residence. Finally stop at the Trading House, the only store of its kind in the Caribbean where you can purchase unique Jamaican souvenirs.
Upgrade to one of the exciting tours that are offered before returning to the cruise ship pier.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Sun protection
- Money for incidentals
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes.