OVERVIEW: Visit the fascinating ancient ruins of Pompeii. The city is preserved in time and has become one of the most famous excavation sites in the world. You will get the feel for what life was like nearly 2,000 years ago. You'll see the artifacts, architecture and frescos preserved in this Roman city by the eruption of Mt. Versuvius in 79 AD.
HIGHLIGHTS: Explore one of the world's most amazing archaeological wonders at Pompeii.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over cobblestone and rocky streets. There is a steep incline at the entrance with 20 - 25 steps. Pompeii is not wheelchair accessible.
Uncover the fascinating history of Pompeii, as you embark on a guided walking tour of the ancient Roman city's archeological ruins below formidable Mount Vesuvius. Traverse the historic excavation site with an informative guide, through the city's forum and past grand temples, mansions, and Roman baths. View artifacts recovered from the 79 AD volcanic blast, when 20 feet of ash and pumice buried the entire city, and behold a menacing panoramic view of Mount Vesuvius.Highlights:
• Tour Pompeii: Learn about the pre-eruption culture of this ancient city while trekking across the excavation site with your guide.
• Volcanic Ruins: See temples, Roman baths, street fountains, paintings, and mansions that were discovered after the 79 AD volcanic eruption.
• Mount Vesuvius: The humpbacked mountain, located in a densely populated area, is considered one of the world's most dangerous volcanoes. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes Important Notes:
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestone and rocky streets, with a steep incline at entrance with 20-25 steps.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory either before or after the visit of the excavations. Drive to and from Pompeii approximately 30 minutes each way.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter inside Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.